WHAT TO RECYCLE
- Newspaper—Cardboard—Box Board—Tag Board—Newspaper—Magazines—Catalogs
- Junk Mail—Phone Books—Hard Cover Books—Paperbacks—Computer Paper
- Paper Towel Tubes—Shredded Paper in a Closed Box or Closed Paper Bag
STEEL/TIN & ALUMINUM CANS
- Steel Covers—Clean Aluminum Foil and Pie Plates
- Bottles—Jugs—Ice Cream Pails
- Any Plastic Container With a 1 or 2 Inside the “Chasing Arrows” on the Bottom
Take your plastic shopping bags and grocery bags back to a store.
WHAT NOT TO RECYCLE—PUT INTO HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE
- Candy Wrappers—Used Tissue—Dirty Diapers—Small Appliances
- Ovenware—Yogurt Containers—Fridge Packs—Plastic Toys—Flower Pots
- Plastic Sleds—Canning Jars—Windows—Mirrors—Ceramics—Pottery—Light Bulbs
- Egg Cartons—All Forms of Styrofoam—Soiled Cardboard Pizza Boxes—Waterbeds
- Aluminum Foil with Food—Amber Pill Bottles—Lawn/Deck Furniture—Lumber
FILLMORE COUNTY ALSO ACCEPTS (for a fee)
- Fluorescent & High Intensity Discharge Lamps CFLs
- Oil Filters
- and E-waste
Accepted at no charge
- and Waste Oil
Recycling Guide (PDF)
Hazardous Household Waste is collected the First Tuesday of May and October....Noon until 5:00 p.m.
CITY RESIDENTIAL & BUSINESS RECYCLING COLLECTION: schedules vary. Contact your hauler or city hall for your schedule.