CSAH 1 North Project: Detour Map
Phase 2 (north)-Shoulder widening operations have started, road surface milling has started, driveways with culverts have been established, grading will begin next week, bridge deck was poured on 8/31/17
Phase 3 (south)-road will be closed to thru traffic on September 7, 2017, tree removal will be the first item to begin, road work is scheduled to begin on September 11, 2017
SAP 023-601-032 *Awarded to Mathiowetz Construction Co
LOST-92883 CR 109 **Awarded to M & K Bridge Construction Inc.
SP 023-601-024/SAP 055-601-020 **Bid awarded to Midwest Contracting, LLC
LOST 9961-117 & LOST 9962-117 **Awarded to Midwest Contracting**
LOST-12P-1, LOST-14P-1, LOST-18P-1, LOST-23P-1 & LOST-40P-1 **Awarded to Scott Construction**
CSAH 1 will be open on Tuesday, November 22, 2016. There will still be some minor seeding work being done. Please note that the roadway constructed in this project phase will be gravel until (tentative) 2018. The next phase of CSAH 1 reconstruction will begin in the spring.
2016 CSAH 1-Project beginning Monday, May 16, 2016
- Detour: Map, Route: (From Spring Valley north) Fillmore CSAH 8 NW, Mower CSAH 2, TH 63 N, Mower CSAH 1 E, Fillmore CSAH 2
- Weekly Update #22: Turf establishment will be completed this week. Minor cleanup continues throughout project. Finishing grading aggregate base from the north bridge to CSAH 4. Road expected to be opened on Monday, November 21.
- Weekly Update #21: Aggregate is being placed from 286th St to CSAH 4. Dirt grading the ditches and slopes for turf establishment is being finished from 286th St to CSAH 4. They are tolerancing surface aggregate from 270ths St to 286th St.
- Weekly Update #20: Guardrail is completed throughout the project. Grading the last 1/2 mile of the project is nearing completion. Turf establishment is ongoing.
- Weekly Update #19: Guardrail installation at the bridges and various locations throughout the project to be completed by the end of the week. Grading from 286th St to CSAH 4 continues, with grading approximately 90% completed on the project. Aggregate surfacing is complete from the beginning of the project to the north bridge. Turf establishment north of the north bridge is on going.
- Weekly Update #18: Permanent seeding completed from beginning of project to north bridge. All centerline pipe has been installed. Residential and farm entrance culverts are installed from beginning of project to north bridge. Grading is 75% completed. Waiting on utility to be spliced over October 18 from 286th St to CSAH 4 to finish grading on the east side. Concrete end blocks to be completed on the south and north bridge.
- Weekly Update #17: Grading from Quarry Dr to 286th St continues. Permanent seeding & turf establishment from the south bridge to 270th St. Finish grading from 270th St to the north bridge. Installing centerline pipe from 286th St to CSAH 4.
- Weekly Update #16: Grading from Quarry Rd to 286th St. Installing centerline culvert pipe north of 286th St. Placing bituminous reclamation material from 270th St to north bridge. Finish grading & placing topsoil from 270th St to north bridge.
- Weekly Update #15: Grading will be concentrated from the north bridge to 286th St this week and performing final grading and seeding between the two bridges.
- Weekly Update #14: Grading is 90% complete from the beginning of the project to the north bridge. Grading has now started from Quarry Rd north. They are placing bituminous reclamation from the south bridge to the north bridge which is about 75% complete. They are going to be drilling & blasting a small rock cut south of the north bridge. Clearing & grubbing is 90% complete from the north bridge to CSAH 4. Dry swale installations will be starting this week.
- Weekly Update #13: Grading from the south bridge to 270th St is 75% complete. The rock cut north of the south bridge is 80% removed. There will be continued grading from 270th St to the north bridge. Stripping of the topsoil starting at CSAH 4 working to the south is ongoing. Centerline culvert crossings are being installed from the north bridge to CSAH 4. Clearing & grubbing is 75% complete from the north bridge to CSAH 4.
- Weekly Update #12: Grading from 270th St to north bridge this week. Drilling rock cut south of north bridge this week. Contractor will be reclaiming existing roadway from north bridge to the end of the project. The end block construction is all that remains on both bridges. This will be completed 1/2 lane at a time.
- Weekly Update #11: Grading from the south bridge to north of 270th St is 75% complete. Blasting of rock cut north of the south bridge to be completed this week with removal of rock cut to follow. Last concrete pour on the south bridge will be Monday on the far east wing walls. Stipping topsoil will begin from CSAH 4 to the north bridge. Clearing & grubbing of trees from the north bridge to the end of project is 80% complete.
- Weekly Update #10: Grading is approximately 70% complete from the south bridge to Quilt Rd. The rock cut north of the south bridge will be drilled and shot this week. Clearing & grubbing will start from north bridge to 286th St. Bridge railings on both bridges will be finished this week.
- Weekly Update #9: Grading & seeding is completed from the beginning of the project to south bridge. Working on removing rock cut north of the south bridge. Approach backfill is completed on the north & south bridges. Grading from Quilt Rd to north bridge is ongoing. The existing south bridge removal will start by the end of the week or next week.
- Weekly Update #8: 90% of grading is completed from beginning of the project to the south bridge. The center line culverts are completed from the beginning of the project to the north bridge. The rock cut north of the south bridge is 70% complete. Grading from the south bridge to 270th St will be continuing until mid week of 7/24/16. Bituminous reclamation is placed from the beginning of the project to the south bridge.
- Weekly Update #7: Grading beginning of project to 270th St. Concrete deck to be poured on south bridge. Installing centerline and driveway pipe from beginning of project to north bridge. Bituminous reclamation completed up to north bridge.
- Weekly Update #6: Grading from beginning of project to Quarry Rd. Clearing & grubbing from 270th St to north bridge. Reclaiming bituminous from Quarry Rd to north bridge. Pouring north bridge deck.
- Weekly Update #5: Bridge crews are decking on both bridges. Grading contractor is removing bituminous reclamation starting at the south end or beginning of the project proceeding north. Clearing & grubbing from 270th St to the north is going on. Also, grading is going on from the beginning of the project to east side of the south bridge.
- Weekly Update #4: Beams are being set as well as decking on the north and south bridges. Bituminous reclamation removal is starting from the south. Clearing and grubbing will be from Quilt Road north.
- Weekly Update #3: Clearing & grubbing is underway starting on the south end of the project. The abutments for the two bridges have been constructed. The precast bridge beams are scheduled to be placed on the south bridge on June 10 and the north bridge on June 13. Full depth reclamation is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, June 8. The construction is currently starting on the south end and working north.
- Weekly Update #2: Continuation of Week 1. Bridges continue to be reconstructed. Grading has not started, but anticipation is for June 1 for some grading & additional clearing & grubbing to begin. Please use official detour.
- Weekly Update #1: The project has started. The contractor has begun work on the bridges and will be removing them. The detour is in place and CSAH 1 is closed to through traffic.
SAP 023-599-131 *Awarded to Midwest Contracting, LLC
SAP 023-615-016 *Awarded to Rochester Sand & Gravel
SP 023-623-026 *Awarded to Minnowa Construction
SP 023-070-002 Chevron Installation *Awarded to A & H Co., Inc.*
LOST-5P-1, LOST-25P-1 and LOST-25P-1A *Awarded to Fahrner Asphalt*
SAP 023-601-027, SAP 023-601-028 and SAP 023-601-031 *Awarded to Griffin Construction*
SP 023-625-009/SAP 023-599-151 **Awarded to Minnowa Construction, Inc.